- Cover All Bases - It's all very good having a company and even a website about it but there is no point if no one knows about it! Advertising is key and social media is its most effective medium. Whether posting a status update or tweeting a link to your new blog , it's all about getting your name out there.
- Keep Content Fresh - Keep fresh, original content flowing. You don't want to have gone to the trouble of setting up networking sites and then leave them to gather cyber dust. Update your audience, let them know what's going on.
- Accessible to All - Make sure your site is easy and accessible for all users. This can influence your link building ability, popularity and thus, your ranking.
- Blog for Attention - When you blog, you automatically attract more traffic, which in turn boosts rankings. But our TOP TIP for blogging is to make sure you word-tag. The words you word-tag will be the ones that draw up your blog when typed into a search engine.
- Don't Flash It - Flash might look pretty but it does nothing for your SEO. Frames, Flash and AJAX all pose the same problem; they cannot be linked to a single page. So, whilst they take time and trouble to set up, they won't necessarily lead your customers to your site. We're sure you have more effective things to spend your time on.
- Check Check Check! - Keep an eye on your own rankings through either searching yourself or using analytic websites. They change daily due to thousands of factors, so if you have a handle on it yourself, you will then be much better placed to improve your score.
We hope you find these tips helpful! We would love to hear from you of any other effective SEO tricks you've used, so please leave a comment below.