Instead of taking photographs of important life events and sharing them with a few people we are now sharing them with everyone on our friends list. All social sites are being engaged with from Tumblr and Instagram to those old faithfuls, Facebook and Twitter. We now share photos with the companies we are with and the places we go.
'If its not on Facebook then it didn't happen' has become our chosen mantra.
And these days, images aren’t just something you look at — they’re the centre of most of our online engagements, as people share, comment and engage with image creators.
- On Facebook, up to 250 million pictures are uploaded every day.
- A post that includes an album or picture receives 120 - 180% more engagement from fans and friends than a text based post.
The key to business marketing with images is to keep it in the moment. The other thing is to post graphical quirky things alongside the more serious stuff. Ones that are funny always catch the eye of consumers, they are visual stimuli and so, will increase engagement.
Remember too, the public are interested in the 'behind the scenes' parts of the business. They want to get snippets of what they wouldn't normally see. Pictures which depict a process are always high on the engagement scale as well.
Our 5 Top Tips to Image Success
- People love to have their thoughts and ideas recognised. One great way to do this is by posting a picture and asking people to caption it.
- When you leverage a themed hashtag that appeals to a wider demographic, you align your Google+ activity with the broader community. There are lots of themed conversations that people regularly participate with on Google+. One examples is #motivationmonday,
- Ask questions. People tend to need encouragement to engage so this should top of your list when you go to write any post.
- Think about your customers. What would they want to see? What would they find inpiring and interesting?
- Images don’t have to be professionally shot, but use images that are colorful, well-balanced and interesting.